Norsjö is a lively municipality historically renowned for its love of sports, health and culture. People come here to feel good, relax and rejuvenate body and mind! The municipality is filled with stunning views, historic trails and friendly people.
A visit here is an opportunity to rest a while, soaking up the peace and quiet, the wind rustling through the trees and the bright nights. The municipality of Norsjö has activities and attractions for all interests. Both peaceful and exciting outdoor pursuits, such as horseback riding, dog sledding and fishing, are offered year-round by a range of companies and clubs.
• We are walking on gold – the ground is made up largely of gold
• The highest peak in the county of Västerbotten is found here, in Åmliden 2o km from Norsjö town.
• The author behind Girl with the dragon tattoo is born in the municipality.
• Norsjö has produced many successful athletes. Especially cross country skiiers and volleyball players.
• Both the East German national team and Tottenham Hotspur FC have visited the football training camp here in Norsjö
• The nationwide “key” certification of foodstuffs began in Norsjö
• Every year 3,000 m 3 of sand is delivered to the centre of Norsjö for the annual Norsjö Beach Volleyball Tournament.